Stay safe in Australian Uni accommodation during the bushfires

When your holiday travel plans are affected by the Australian bushfires and you are looking for a safe place to stay, a great option is a stay at a University college.

Recent bushfire events have impacted numerous travellers around Australia with National Parks and Highways being closed and whole areas being evacuated. If you are traveling around the country and are facing the challenging question “Where do I go and where can I stay?”, a University College / Residence is a safe choice. 

Most residential University Colleges around Australia have spare bedrooms, especially during the long Summer holidays between December and February, when the students are away. These rooms are available to travellers, visitors and anyone else who is looking for a quiet and safe place to stay while travelling the country or visiting family and friends.

Anyone is welcome and yes, even without being a student or academic you can happily stay. Most colleges offer single, twin and double rooms and some have got self-contained apartments.

Single rooms in Sydney start from $75 per night and a Two Bedroom Suite for 2 people from $170. Dates include New Year’s Eve. In Melbourne rates start at A$72 for a single room, including breakfast. And in Brisbane a single room, including breakfast starts from $85 per night. (Prices are subject to change.)

Availabilities are updated in real time and more places and rooms may become available.